Last update 1/22/21
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access or use any of the HMT Services, when you purchase any Medical Care Package or register to provide or provide any Medical Care Packages or any and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect or may collect:
- In accessing and using the Site.
- In downloading or registering to use the Applications, the Medical Services Platform and the other HMT Services.
- In accessing and using the Applications, the Medical Services Platform and the other HMT Services.
- In registering to purchase or purchasing any of the Medical Care Packages.
- In registering to provide or providing any Medical Care Packages.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages sent on or through any of the HMT Services.
- When you interact with the Healthcare Providers and the other users of any of the HMT Services on or through any of the HMT Services.
- When you send any content on or through any of the HMT Services or in connection with any of the Medical Care Packages.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
- Through services provided to us by third-party companies, agents or contractors.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by HMT or any third party;
- Any Healthcare Provider in connection with the any Medical Care Package or any Medical Services provided to you under any Medical Care Package or otherwise; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site, the Applications, the Medical Services Platform or the other HMT Services.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your only choice is not to use any of the HMT Services, not to purchase any of the Medical Care Packages and not to provide any of the Medical Care Packages. Your continued use of any of the HMT Services or your purchase of any of the Medical Care Package or provision of any Medical Care Packages, after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Minors under the Age of 18
None of the Site, the Applications, the Medical Services Platform or any of the other HMT Services, or the purchase of any Medical Care Package is intended for minors under 18 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information on or through any of the HMT Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on or through any of the HMT Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site, the Applications, the Medical Services Platform or the other HMT Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect or may collect several types of information from and about users of the Site, the Applications, the Medical Services Platform and the other HMT Services, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, date of birth, mobile phone number and e-mail address (“personal information”);
- Protected health information including identifying data such as name, address, contact information, as well as information about personal health issues based on the purchase of any Medical Care Package (“protected health information”);
- Information that you provide by registering, creating accounts or filling in forms or applications on or through the Medical Services Platform. This includes information provided in connection with the purchase of any Medical Care Package;
- Financial and billing information, including credit card information in connection with the purchase of any Health Care Package;
- Analytics information;
- Information that you provide by registering or filling in forms or applications on or through the Site or the Applications, purchasing any Medical Care Package or providing any Medical Services. This includes information provided in connection with registering to access and use any of the HMT Services, to purchase any Medical Care Package or to provide any Medical Care Package, comments and other information or requesting further services or products. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with any of the HMT Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys and questionnaires that we might ask you to complete for research and marketing purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site, the Applications, the Medical Services Platform or the other HMT Services, including registration for the other HMT Services. You may be required to provide financial or payment information before being able to access certain features and services available on or through the Site or the Applications or to purchase any Medical Care Packages.
- Your search queries on or through any of the HMT Services.
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP address and date and time of visit;
- Usage details and information, including how you communicate with other users of the HMT Services, Consumers and Healthcare Providers, such as the time, date and sender;
- Information contained in the comments and postings on or through any of the HMT Services;
- Device (internet and mobile) information such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number);
- When you report a problem with any of the HMT Services;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site, the Applications, the Medical Services Platform and any of the other HMT Services; and/or
- Location information when you use any of the HMT Services.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through or use any of the HMT Services, purchase any Medical Care Package or provide any Medical Care Packages. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through certain tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our customers, business partners and other third parties that provide us or you with certain services.
Certain web transactions may also involve you calling us or our calling you. Please be aware that we may monitor and in some cases record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
You may now or in the future provide text, data, information and other input or any other content linked, posted, and/or submitted by you or other users to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on or through the Site or the Applications, or transmitted to other users of the HMT Services or third parties (collectively, “User Content”). Your User Content is posted on and transmitted to or third parties and other users of any of the HMT Services at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Site, the Applications, the Medical Services Platform or the other HMT Services with whom your User Content is shared. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Rights Regarding Your Protected Health Information
HMT is not a “Covered Entity” or a “Business Associate” of health care providers that are Covered Entities under the federal health care privacy and security rules (HIPAA and HITECH). Notwithstanding the foregoing, if we collect any protected health information about you, it will be maintained in compliance with these rules and our contractual obligations with the Health Care Providers.
You have certain rights regarding protected health information that we maintain about you.
Right to Access Your Protected Health Information. You have the right to review or obtain copies of your protected health information records, with some limited exceptions as provided under applicable law. Usually the records include enrollment, billing, claims payment and case or medical management records. Your request to review and/or obtain a copy of your protected health information records must be made in writing. We may charge a fee for the costs of producing, copying and mailing your requested information, but we will tell you the cost in advance.
Right to Amend Your Protected Health Information. If you feel that protected health information maintained by us is incorrect or incomplete, you may request that we amend the information. Your request must be made in writing and must include the reason you are seeking a change. We may deny your request if, for example, you ask us to amend information that was not created by us, as is often the case for health information in our records, or you ask to amend a record that is already accurate and complete.
If we deny your request to amend, we will notify you in writing. You then have the right to submit to us a written statement of disagreement with our decision and we have the right to rebut that statement.
Right to an Accounting of Disclosures. You have the right to request an accounting of disclosures we have made of your protected health information. The list will not include our disclosures related to your treatment, our payment or health care operations, or disclosures made to you or with your authorization. The list may also exclude certain other disclosures, such as for national security purposes
Your request for an accounting of disclosures must be made in writing and must state a time period for which you want an accounting. This time period may not be longer than six years. Your request should indicate in what form you want the list (for example, on paper or electronically). The first accounting that you request within a 12-month period will be free. For additional lists within the same time period, we may charge for providing the accounting, but we will tell you the cost in advance.
Right to Request Restrictions on the Use and Disclosure of Your Protected Health Information. You have the right to request that we restrict or limit how we use or disclose your protected health information for treatment, payment or health care operations. We may not agree to your request. If we do agree, we will comply with your request unless the information is needed for an emergency. Your request for a restriction must be made in writing. In your request, you must tell us: (i) what information you want to limit; (ii) whether you want to limit how we use or disclose your information, or both; and (iii) to whom you want the restrictions to apply.
Right to Receive Confidential Communications. You have the right to request that we use a certain method to communicate with you or that we send information about you to a certain location if the communication could endanger you. Your request to receive confidential communications must be made in writing. Your request must clearly state that all or part of the communication from us could endanger you. We will accommodate all reasonable requests. Your request must specify how or where you wish to be contacted.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Site or your mobile device may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit HMT, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Server Logs. A server log is a log file (or several files) automatically created and maintained by one of our servers consisting of a list of activities it performed (e.g., maintaining a history of page requests).
Do Not Track Policy
Your web browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. We do not honor any web browser “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Third-party Responsibilities and Services.
We partner with Healthcare Providers and may use or partner with other third party companies, agents or contractors for various purposes in connection with our business and operations (“Service Providers”), including, billing and payments, relationship building, the marketing and growth of our business and the performance of services on our behalf, such as gathering and analyzing information and the provision of services to you. In the course of performing these responsibilities and providing such services, these Service Providers and other companies may have access to your information. We may also share information, including your information, with these Services Providers in order to enable them to perform these responsibilities and to provide these services. Many Services Providers, including the Healthcare Providers have adopted their own privacy policies, which are not subject to control by HMT. You should always review the policies of these Service Providers to make sure that you are comfortable with the ways in which they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information.
The Service Providers may also transmit cookies to your computer or device, when you click on ads that appear on or through the Service. Also, if you click on a link to a third party website, such third party may also transmit cookies to you. Please be aware that cookies placed by third parties may continue to track your activities online even after you are no longer using any our Services, and those third parties may not honor “Do Not Track” requests you have set using your web browser.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
DoubleClick: We may use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the page or the Network.
Google has additional information available about its Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies, and Restrictions on its website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you the Services, the Applications, the Medical Services Platform and the other HMT Services and the content and the other products and services that you request from us.
- To provide the Site and its contents to you.
- To process and complete transactions, including registration for any of the HMT Services, and send you related information.
- To process and complete transactions, including registration for the purchase of any Medical Care Package, and the provision of any Medical Care Package, and send you related information.
- To provide technical and other support to you.
- To send you promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers and events; and providing other news or information about us, our customers and our select partners.
- To enable Service Providers, including Healthcare Providers to perform certain responsibilities and provide certain services, including the Medical Services, in connection with our business and operations.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to any of the HMT Services, the Medical Care Packages and other products and services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on or through any of the HMT Services.
- To enhance the safety and security of the HMT Services.
- To verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To enable marketing, remarketing, targeted advertising and similar services from us or Service Providers, including direct and indirect marketing and on-line behavioral advertising regarding our own and third party products and services that we believe may be of interest to you, including advertisement on third party websites.
- To perform targeted and other advertising on third party websites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Some of the information that we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties or you provide to us. It helps us to improve the Site, the Applications, the Medical Services Platform and the other HMT Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and better understand usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, enabling us to customize the Site and the Applications according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Site or the Applications.
Storage and Transfer of Your Information
We may store any information that we collect (personal or otherwise), including personal healthcare information, ourselves or in databases and servers owned and maintained by us, our Service Providers, affiliates or agents. If you access or use the Site, the Applications, the Medical Services Platform or any of the other HMT Services, or purchase any of the Medical Care Packages outside of the United States, information that we collect about you may be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of countries located in the European Economic Area and other parts of the world unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law or agreed by HMT and you. By allowing HMT to collect information about you, you specifically consent to such transfer and processing of such information without restriction. We may also store some information locally on your computer or other devices. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the Site and the Applications and view content faster.
Although users from all over the world may access the Site, the Applications, the Medical Services Platform and the other HMT Services, or purchase any of the Medical Care Packages, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To Healthcare Providers;
- To Service Providers, contractors and other third parties we use to support our business, including credit card payment processors and marketing support.
- To a potential or actual buyer. assignee or other successor (including its related advisors and agents) in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of HMT’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by HMT about users of any of the HMT Services is among the assets that may be or are actually transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of HMT, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from HMT. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by HMT to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out through the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of the applicable email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to HMT as a result of a service or product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also use TRUSTe’s Preference Manager at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into your account profile page through the Site or the Applications.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Content from any of the HMT Services (including any User Content stored in the cloud), copies of your User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the HMT Services. Proper access and use of information provided on or through the Site, the Applications, the Medical Services Platform or the other HMT Services, including User Content, are governed by the Terms.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of the Application or the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to support@[healthmedocs.com or write to us at: HealthMe Technology, Inc., 1250 Pine Ridge Road, Suite 202, Naples, FL 34108
We understand that the security of your personal information, including any personal health information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and HMT cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to, and use of, certain parts of the Site, the Applications, the Medical Services Platform and/or any of the other HMT Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of any of the HMT Services. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the HMT Services.
© 2016 Copyright HealthMe Technology, Inc.